Painting Over Brown Bag Wallpaper?

I am repairing a wall that has been brown bag wallpapered and the brown bags are different shades of brown. Can I paint over this and just have textured wallpaper?

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 156 Feedbacks

Nicole, is there a glossy finish on the wallpaper? Many paints have a hard time adhering to a high gloss finish. I would think that if you use a quality primer first, and then paint over it, that you would have good results. I painted over black, vinyl wallpaper once, using a tinted primer and then a latex paint and it worked just fine. Good luck to you and your redecorating project!

By Michele (Guest Post)

We did the brown bag on my daughters walls and waited until all the glue was dry and then painted the color she wanted...which was a deep chocolate...it looks great.

I say go for it!
Good luck!

Sure can i did this at my farmhouse it was simple and looked like expensive treated walls!

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingJune 27, 2008
👔
👒
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf18677258.tip.html