Removing Paint from Hands

How do you remove paint from your hands?

By makiah from Charlotte, NC

Depends on the kind of paint. If it is oil based, I use mineral spirits to get the paint off, then wash thoroughly with soap and water. If it is latex based, I wash them with soap and water, and add a handful of dry borax (powdered--found in the laundry aisle of the grocery store). The borax powder is gritty and adds a good scrubbiness to the process.

I have also found that hand-washing the dishes tends to loosen the paint and I can then rub it off. (I suppose soaking would do the same thing; but why not be useful?) If I hold something for spray painting, and get it on my hands, I use nail polish remover.

Just using baby oil works a lot of the time.

Try cooking oil and sugar, leaves them lovely and soft too.
Marg from England

This doesn't help you now, but I use Shaklee's Basic-H before I paint. I get about a teaspoon of it in my hand and rub it on like hand lotion. Then I let it dry. When I'm ready for clean up, I just go wash my hands with warm water. The paint comes right off. It works with any kind of paint and also things like glue.

I'm gluing down new tile in my house right now, and the glue is extremely sticky and hard to get off. I remembered my Basic-H, and now clean up is fast and easy. Basic-H is really inexpensive. It lasts a long time. I bought a gallon of it 3 years ago, and I just ran out. It is also useful for many other things, like cleaning and even de-worming animals.

Hand sanitizer

Use some cooking oil and a tiny pinch of sugar. Then at the same time used a scourer to rub between your hands.

Works a treat