Scenery: Snow

Here is the last of the big snowfalls in early 2011! This was taken from a small opening in my back door. The snow was deep, but the drifting up against the front door kept me from opening it. The back door I could open wider, but there was a lot of drifting there, too!

We had 39 inches of snow in 2 days! The snowfall beat the 33 inches in 1978. In '78, it drifted so bad that our cars were buried in our driveway. I don't remember how we got out either door, because there was no budging them!

By Andrea K.

This is a look at our 4 1/4 inch snowfall in MS. It is very rare that we get snow here, much less that much! It was really pretty to see for a change.

By Debbie

Scenery: Snow (Mississippi)

Answers:

Scenery: Snow (Mississippi)

Love the snowflakes and cute home. :-) (02/21/2011)

By Deeli

Scenery: Snow (Mississippi)

Your picture is beautiful. I live in Canada, so snow is not usual for me. But I can see your delight in having it come down. I have attached a picture of snow in Canada, for your pleasure. I hope you made a snow man, or a snow angel.
Sheila (02/22/2011)

By Pennypacer

RE: Scenery: Snow (Mississippi)

Scenery: Snow In Mississippi

Living in the Deep South, we are not use to very much snow. What a welcome surprise that we got up to over the weekend. This was only the second time that we had received any snow this early, since 1938!

Merry Christmas to All.

Source: My backyard

By Kathy from Richland, MS

Answers:

Scenery: Snow In Mississippi

Beautiful for sure, but oh sooo cold. OH gets a lot of snowfall and ice storms, so this photo looks a lot like our state's winter scene. When the sun comes out and shines upon the ice, it's picture perfect. (12/16/2009)

By Lorelei

Scenery: Snow In Mississippi

You are perfectly welcome to come and get some of ours. I hate winter. lol (12/16/2009)

By redhatterb