StainsCleaning

Removing Dye That Transfered From Denim Skirt To Boots

Category Stains

Hi,
My name is Sonia from Newcastle upon Tyne, England.

I have a lovely pair of tan leather boots, unfortunately I got caught in the rain, I was wearing a long denim skirt and the skirt rubbed against my boots and the dye from the skirt has stained my boots. It looks as if the top layer of leather has rubbed away and the exposed under layer has been stained by the dye from my denim skirt.

I've been told by a local shoe shop that white spirit may remove the dye but they could not guarantee the outcome. Can anyone please give me some suggestions for removing the stain. The boots are new and I'd hate to have to throw them out.

Thanks
Sonia Bradley

Anonymous

Try rubbing antibacterial gel into the stain. Allow to set for 15 min. or so then rub off with soft cloth. I've removed all kinds of stains with antibacterial gel and it hasn't harmed any surface I've used it on.

If all else fails have the boots dyed , Navy or black????? I Hope something works for you.

But don't give up just yet. Have you tried calling the manufacturer ? They might have the answer for you. Good Luck

By (Guest Post)

what in the world is antibacterial gel?

To guest post. I think antibacterial gel might be the waterless hand gel. ??? GGVi