Using Cooking Bags In Your Crockpot

Can I use "oven cooking bags" in my crockpot?

Sharon from Southern Illinois

I use them all of the time in my Crockpot, I've never added water though.

Jennifer
Northern Virginia

By Christine Goodwin (Guest Post)

Why the water in the crock pot before the cooking bag?

Thank you for the GREAT tip!

Yes, you can use oven bags in a crockpot just like you would use them in an oven. I've put all the stuff in the bag, tied it loosely, in order to let steam escape. Works fine.

Thank You

By Amanda (Guest Post)

I do not use any cooking bags period. When exposed to high temps they give off chemicals which I can't begin to spell. These chemicals are potentially serious especially to young children. All your plastic wraps do the same thing when in the microwave, even the special cooking bags of veggies you "steam".

Bottom line use wax paper for the microwave, glass dishes, not plastic to cook in et. Spray your crock pot with Pam et. I know we all like to make life easier as we are so busy et, but let's consider our children. Peace....

I'm doing a pot roast with the bag in the slow cooker. Should I have the meat or veg on the bottom side? Does it matter? Also is it okay that it is quite full?

I use crockpot liners consistently. I wish there were smaller ones so that I could cook several different items separately in the same pot. Tonight, for example, I used two big liners and felt I was wasteful because the small pork loin roast barely used any of one, and our two 1/2-ears of corn took another entire big bag.

I wrapped the baking potato in foil, but wanted the corn to cook in butter and have a chance to steam itself; hence, the bag. Does anyone know if there are smaller "liner" bags on the market that are say, quart-size?

Food and Recipes Food Tips Crockpot CookingApril 3, 2006
📓
😎
🌻
🐛