FlooringHome Improvement

How Do I Remove the Finish on a Hardwood Floor Without Damaging the Stain?

I need to remove just the finish on my hardwood floor. It is too shiny so I need to go with a lower gloss finish. I don't want to affect the stain. I just need to remove the finish. Any ideas?

By dave from TN

Do you want to do the job yourself? If yes, then I would contact the manufacturer of the flooring or visit a paint store such as Sherwin Williams, Lowes or Home Depot and ask their paint folks for help. You could also look in to self help books or try the internet. You could also contact a fllor refinisher and ask them how to do the job. You may want to hire a professional floor refinisher to do the job. It may be easier to do it that way.