Super Glue on Granite

I was helping my daughter with a project for school that involved pasting a bunch of stuff to a paper pumpkin. Well, I decided to go with Gorilla or Super glue to make sure it stuck. We put the paper pumpkin on the granite countertop to dry for a few days and when we picked it up, we saw spots where the glue seeped through the paper. It looks as though it actually dried out the granite. How do I get this out? Please help!

By Stacey from Merritt Island, FL

Use acetone or paint thinner or Goof Off everything is pretty safe on granite or combination of all three and lightly scrape with putty knife.

Correct. The installers of our granite countertops used Acetone and it does work great. You can buy small quantities at Walmart in the nail polish area. Just look for 100% Acetone.

Anonymous

'Acetone' nail polish remover. That's what manicurists use to remover super glue when they work on sculptured finger nails. I've used it to remove super glue spills on my skin, once on linoleum floor and a couple of times on a laminate counter top with no problems or damage and granite counter tops are much sturdier than laminate.

;-)

Steamer! Hand held steamer will work safely and quickly.