Donate Books and Magazines to the Local Library

Our local library accepts donations of books and magazines. They keep what they can use and sell the rest in a "Friends of Library Sale" a few times a year. The proceeds go to buy more books, etc. You might ask in your local libraries if they ever do anything like that. This might be a good place to get rid of some books you might not can sell and want to get rid of.

By Terri from NV

Another way to donate books and magazines is to send them to the troops serving in Iraq, Afghanistan and other foreign fields. I recently took a small bundle of Reader's Digest, Guideposts, as well as a couple editions of Our Daily Bread to my church. Our pastor's wife has a connection that will send them on.
You might ask at your local American Legion or Veterans' Affairs office how to donate this way.

I tried donating books to 3 different libraries and all of them said they had no room to put them, yet they said they would gladly accept a monetary donation to buy new books. I wonder how they can find space for new books if they don't have space for donated ones.

Some were hardback craft books which were in prime condition and I have the entire paperbook collection of Star Trek which is also in great condition. They said they would accept them to sell but I would like them to stay in the library in case I ever want to read them again. So they are all packed up in a storage box.

Better Living CharityDecember 15, 2008
🌻
🐛
😷
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf20256656.tip.html