Coffee Container Toilet Paper Holder

I have lots of the big red Folgers coffee containers and I decided to use them to make a toilet paper storage unit for the bathroom. I took 3 large containers, cut the bottom out of two of them and stacked them on top of each other. I applied some hot glue around the edges to hold them and then cut two small holes on opposite sides and added a zip tie to secure them together.

I then ripped small pieces of tissue paper in the colors of my bathroom and decoupaged them on the cans. I let it dry and then added another layer of decoupage glue to seal it against the moisture in the bathroom. I then glued one lid to the bottom to keep it up off the floor to keep it dry. It has been wonderful to have extra paper close by!

By Lucy Jean from Branson, MO

I did the exact same thing but held the cans together with duct tape then did tissue paper on one and brown paper on the other.

For my grandson's bathroom I spray painted one metal coffee can green, stuck on google eyes, wooden bead for a nose and glued yarn for a mouth to look like the Hulk. Sits on back of tank to hold spare roll of tp.

Crafts Recycled CraftsMarch 12, 2012
🌻
🎂
📓