Grey Stains In Bathtub?

We have hard water where I live. My bathtub is white, but for some reason, it is getting grey stains on it. I have tried every product that I can think of, none of them has helped remove the stain. I filled the bathtub and put a full bottle of bleach (4 litres) in the water hoping this would help, and left it overnight.

It did nothing. Is there anyone who could please help me. Thanking you in advance.

By angel (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I used a pumice stone and scrubbed it and it worked pretty well.

By Billy (Guest Post)

Try swimming pool chlorine. Make a paste, put it on and leave till dry. Hope it will do the job. gbilly AT ananzi.co.za

I get the same thing and I've used a product called Grease Lightning, works pretty good.

After searching a few websites, I learned you can use a mixture of peroxide and cream of tartar to make a paste and scrub over the area with a toothbrush.

Also, you can mix fresh lemon and vinegar together and wipe over the area or place a cloth dipped in the solution over the stain.

If you see any improvements, but not enough; then I would suggest reapplying.

This could be a combination of soap film and hard water residue. If vinegar doesn't work, try CLR, as that will remove most kinds of hard water buildup.

By Ann (Guest Post)

Thank you so much for all the great information.
You all are the best.....

Ann

By Sarah (Guest Post)

I buy a thick toilet bowl cleaner with bleach and let it sit on the enamel for about an hour. When I rinse it off, it is sparkling white again. I have an antique clawfoot tub, so it might be a different finish. Be sure to do a spot test.

Lysol Toilet Bowl cleaner works great in tubs and showers as long as its not a stone one. Squirt it on and use a flat scrub brush to spread and cover entire surface. If you do not cover entire surface you will have clean streaks.

Let sit for 30 minutes and rinse off with warm water. No scrubbing involved at all. I have been cleaning homes for 25 plus years and this secret ingredient works wonders. Owners are amazed and say they haven't seen it that shiny clean in years.

Anonymous

the only thing you can do is what I'm going right this minute is. sitting on my sons kiddie stool and using a pie slicer or paint scraper or a box cutter to literally scrape it off. tilex kaboom none of those products will penetrate. I found this out when I used my fingernail to see. I took my shower doors off I have a mask on because its a chalk white powder that comes off and it working very good just make sure to turn the pie slicer backwards I have a square one works very well.

good luck

Anonymous

bleach actually SETS brown and gray stains. I quit using it in my laundry.. no more stains.

Magic erasers by mr. clean works great.

Bar keepers friend safe for the environment and inexpensive use the powdered form

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomApril 16, 2008
🐛
🌻
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf20564275.tip.html