Main DishesRecipes

Chili and Corn Bread

When I am in a hurry for dinner, I open a can of chili and pour it into a 9x9 inch glass pan. Put cheese on top and make up a box of Jiffy cornbread and pour it on top. Bake until cornbread is done and chili is hot. Add a salad and you've got dinner.

By Christi from Paducah, KY

You could dress it up a bit, if you wanted to, by putting a bit of shredded cheese & some chopped jalapeno or bell pepper in the cornbread batter, before pouring over the chili. Either way, it sounds like a good fast meal, when in a hurry & cheaper than ordering out.

By Lynda (Guest Post)

How timely. I was given all of those items from the Food Bank today, and it's so wonderfully simple (and a nutritious way to put them together in an appetizing way) that I'd forgotten how to do that. God bless you.

This is so good. I took it to a grieving relative after a funeral in a disposable pan . They commented on how much they enjoyed eating on it. It was so different then all the ham and fixins.

edie