To Top

Bleach and Water for Sanitizing Clean-Ups

For fast sanitizing clean ups, get a spray water bottle and mix a small amount of bleach (a cap full) and fill the rest of the bottle with water. Keep it next to your sink (somewhere away from the kids) and when there is a mess, just spritz and clean up. Fast and clean.

Ad

By Heather

Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

By nolasandy (Guest Post)
October 12, 20040 found this helpful

Do you have to rinse this bleach mixture off your counter or can you just let it dry?

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
By carolyn (Guest Post)
November 15, 20040 found this helpful

I do this as well, but I put about a tsp of dish soap in the bottle as well. It's probably not necessary, but I do anyway for a bit of suds. I don't rinse it, No.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
By guest (Guest Post)
May 27, 20050 found this helpful

If you look at your detergent bottle, it likely says "do not mix with bleach". Bleach and detergents react and produce a gas that can likely make you sick so mixing the two is probably not the best idea.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
By joy (Guest Post)
February 8, 20060 found this helpful

how long does this solution hold it strength and the solution should be change out.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
By yokie (Guest Post)
August 29, 20070 found this helpful

Gov't website gives the following info.:

Mix one teaspoon of bleach per gallon of water. Use cool water, because hot water will speed the rate of bleach evaporation.

Ad

Also, do not add soap to the water. The mixture won't kill the germs as well.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
By Rich (Guest Post)
September 17, 20080 found this helpful

If I add bleach in the correct mix and freeze it, will the effective bleach do it's bleaching as it melts?

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
By Rich (Guest Post)
September 18, 20080 found this helpful

If I add bleach in the correct mix and freeze it, will the effective bleach do it's bleaching as it melts?

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
By Belva (Guest Post)
February 1, 20090 found this helpful

I was taught in Serv-Safe that bleach water needs to be dumped out and fresh solution made every 24 hours. So if you have a spray bottle with bleach water that you made a while back and have been using it...chances are it's disinfectant properties are loooong gooone!

Ad

note: Serv-Safe is what all restaurant managers have to go through as part of their training. The certificate is good for 7 years! It is a food-safety course.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
By Laura (Guest Post)
February 2, 20090 found this helpful

Just keep in mind that the bleach will degrade after about 24 hours, so if you're going to keep a bottle around you need to change it out every day.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
April 26, 20090 found this helpful

Once you mix the solution it has to be changed every day in order to disinfect. I learned this in both the food safety class and the prevention of disease transmission class that I took as part of my job. It's just as easy to add a capful to a gallon of water in the sink and wipe everything down.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In This Guide
Categories
Home and Garden Cleaning TipsOctober 12, 2004
Guides
More
🎄
Christmas Ideas!
🎉
New Years Ideas!
Facebook
Pinterest
YouTube
Contests!
Newsletters
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Categories
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Published by .

Generated 2017/12/13 18:12:21 in 1 secs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!