Sand Dollars

My collection from a day at the beach!

By Miss Mossy Pond from Fountain, FL

My Collection of Sand Dollars

By Margaret (Guest Post)

WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! What beach was that and where is it located??

What are you going to do with all of them?

Margaret

By jane smith (Guest Post)

What a beautiful photo. Hope you plan to frame it. Wish I had a copy and about a dozen of those star fish.

By Julia in UK (Guest Post)

I have some earrings made from these, painted in gold. I bought them in Florida ten years ago, and until I saw your photograph I did not know what they were made from. Thank you.

How beautiful! I remember collecting them at Oceanside, California when I was in elementary school. Did you know that if you break them open, five tiny doves will fall out? There's some kind of legend about the doves, but I can't remember it. Thanks for lovely memories.

Editor's Note: Here's a link that has the legend and artwork made from Sand Dollars. www.legendofthesanddollar.com/

By Elaine (Guest Post)

Wow, I was brought up in central FL and went to the beach lots, i remember finding sand dollars but never as many as what you have. It is sad now to remember how many we broke to save the doves inside. Now when I go home it seems that you can't find them very easily on the Atlantic side.

By Lynda (Guest Post)

Just LOVELY!! Lucky you! There is indeed a religious meaning that goes with these. They would make a beautiful decorative touch to an old mirror with a bad frame, if you have the parts and enough sand dollars. I'd bleach them first, dry well, hot glue them starting with the big one at the top, but turned upside down from what you have in the picture, then

slightly overlap each one onto the other. It could be
made to look very nice. God bless you. : )

By JAckie (Guest Post)

WOW WOW what a lucky person you are...
We were in Florida and the Caribean about 27 yrs ago, and we found some sand dollars and brought them back to Canada and we still have them to this day...I think they are a great find from the ocean and the they are a wonderful shell....

Lucky you once again....

By GraNita (Guest Post)

Gee, you are so lucky! Last December on Sanibel, I thought I thought I had died and gone to heaven because I found hundreds of sand dollars and had a huge pile of them, only to find that they were still alive and there is a fine for removing live shells from the beach...

Aniita from Montclair, NJ

Photos SceneryMarch 23, 2007
🍂
😷
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf21135228.tip.html