Product FinderConsumer Advice

Corn Silk Loose Powder

Does anybody in Southern NJ know where to find Cornsilk loose powder?

By Denise from Sicklerville, NJ

Try CVS on-line, they always have good deals and deliver!

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com they sell a lot of things that people just can't find anymore. corn silk is one item i am sure i have seen.

Hi, do u have a Walgreen's drug store in NJ? They sell Corn Silk loose powder for just a little over $5.00. Walmart used to have it, but not sure if they still carry it. I always used Corn Silk, especially in the summer,

Hello, i typed in 'Corn Silk Loose Powder' into my search engine and saw a few links to buying it if you are in the US. [I am in England].
It seems that Amazon.com sells it, here's the link
http://www.amaz  NT/dp/B0009R35R4
Good luck.

Monique x
Somerset, U.K

I thought I was the only one having trouble finding it. When I do find it in the store - CVS, Walmart - the color selection is quite reduced from what was offered before. I used the pale color and can't find it. I ordered a similar color from Avon and just received it. Have not tried it but am keeping my fingers crossed that I do. It was on sale for about $6.00.

Oh the cornsilk powder is so great and seems impossible to find!! This is the response I got from Sally Hansen about getting it:
Thank you for your recent communications with Del Laboratories Canada Inc. regarding our Cornsilk Powders. unfortunately this line ahs been discontinued in Canada. You can still try and order it through Pharma Plus or any other independent Drug store that carries out products. If that doesn't work out you can call the US and see if they have any to sell you as the line is not discontinued in the US. The number to call is 1-516-349-2501 and the contact you will be speaking with is Nakeia. If you order through the US you will need to provide a money order in US funds. If the product is available Nakeia will instruct you further on how to order through the US.

I have not yet started to search beyond my usual Fred Meyer (a local Kroger subsidiary) shopping routine, but I will be truly dismayed if the translucent no-color loose version of CornSilk is no longer made. I have been using it since I was in my teens back in the sixties!

Are the makers of Cornsilk Loose Facial Powder going to bring it back? It is the only facial powder that doesn't change the color of my makeup. I need it to come back!

By Jazzyjean from TX

Answers

Go to nexttag, it is a site where you can search for a product, and find the cheapest place to purchase. It has been discontinued, so if you find some you like, I would stock up! I used to love it as well, when I was younger and had oily skin. I never did like the pressed, as the oils on my skin would transfer to the puff, and then to the cake powder.

Best of luck to you finding it!

Anonymous

If you can't find any try using a quick light touch of brush dusting of rice powder makeup. I always used it and simply got the least expensive brand of white. It's translucent so even though it's white in apprearance within about five minutes of applying it the colors applied underneath show perfectly. I don't wear makeup anymore but was always able to easily find it at the larger pharmacies in the makeup section.

If you can't find that brand, buy any brand that is Translucent. I use L'Oreal and have for years and I'm pleased with the results.

The best thing I've used that doesn't contain any color and only absorbs oil is cornstarch! Give it a shot, it really works, if that's what you need.

Why was it discontinued? This was so good for my skin.

By Judy

Answers

When I was on holiday in the UK I read an article saying that they clog the pores and it causes cancer.

Anonymous

It's because there have been questions about the safety of talc in all body and face powder products since around 2006. I think it was Cody brand who had the original cornsilk face powder and discontinued it because of the talc worries but then they bought out Sally Hansen brand and marketed it under that brand name. Then it was discontinued again permanently because of the cancer fears.

If you still really want cornsilk you can buy existing unsold quantities (under the Sally Hansen name brand) at assorted online stores (such as shopzilla, nextag, bizrate or eBay) but I suggest you try translucent no talc mineral powder instead (check packaging ingredient list to make sure it's not listed). Physicians Formula brand is an excellent choice and does not have talc.