Buying Bargain Books

I always look at the bargain tables at the major book chains, like Barnes and Noble, for deals on books for presents - especially when they are marked down to less than $5! (They also have deals on journals, stationery items, CDs, etc.) A nice crisp book is always appropriate. (They have kid's books, too!)

By pam from Los Angeles

By oreosmom (Guest Post)

I discovered several months ago a website to purchase used books. I have used it many times and have never been disappointed. Most of the times the books are hardly worn and a few times they look as new. Its www.thriftbooks.com most books are one penny and the shipping for the first book is $3.49 and $2.59 for each other book in that order. I love it

Another place to buy books is the Friends of the Library book sales at various local libraries. The money they make from these books benefits the library. The Friends will take most donated books, both paperback and hardcover, for these sales.

I've gotten some really good bargains at these sales! Ask about them at your local library.

The libraries also have books that you can download/borrow to your "kindle" type reader. All it take is a library card with a pin number. Some can be downloaded at home from your PC.