DishesCleaning

Cleaning Pot Bottoms

I bought some new pots and pans, the bottoms are getting grubby and I want to hang them up, but they need cleaning. How can I clean them cheaply?

Sandy from Mtn.View, AR

If the cookware have copper bottoms, they can be cleaned with white vinegar and salt. The salt is used an abrasive along with the vinegar.

Try Bon Ami. If this doesn't work, try an Ajax- or Comet-type scrub.

By ruthvalleygal (Guest Post)

You didn't mention if they were copper bottoms. If so, any kind of tomato product will work. Catsup, paste, sauce, etc.

By Amber M (Guest Post)

Dawn power resolve- in the blue bottle. I even use this when cleaning my stove or stove top. Workes like oven cleaner but not as harse.

Try Baking Soda its works wonders on just about anything.

I don't know if you will see this at this late post, but I wanted to give it a try. I purchased a complete set of the Princess House pots and pans. They are wonderful and I would do it again in a heartbeat but.....everything leaves a mark on the pan from cooking. I use Bar Keepers Friend. It's relatively inexpensive, it takes only a small shake on a wet sponge to get ANYTHING off.

I do mean anything too! My pots are three years old and they look like brand new. I use this when I clean houses for a living. It's a great product without scratching the surface of things. I use it in the shower to remove soap scum off the tiles. You won't believe what comes off onto the sponge. Try it, it's worth every $1.79 or so you spend!

By dan (Guest Post)

The easiest way I've found is to use a pumice stone. They are sold in grocery stores as a porcelain or toilet bowl cleaner. Also they are not supposed to scratch but it sounds that way while using it. I use it to clean everything even gets paint off hands.

If we're still on copper bottoms, there's a product called 'brass cleaner'. Rub it on lightly, rinse it off. That's all you have to do! Otherwise, 'bar keepers friend' is definitely the way to go.