I came up with this idea for a school recycling project. It is made out of a any tall container and filled with flowers cut out of pop bottles.
Approximate Time: 2 days
- hot glue gun
- craft sticks for flowers
- plastic pop bottles
- tissue paper
- buttons or gem stones
- Get a container you want to use for the vase and cut a hole in the top of the container so you can place your flowers in it.
- You will need to take the bottom of plastic bottles and cut the bottoms of them out making different flowers.
- Then, paint the flowers any color you want them to be. Let them dry for about 1 hour.
- Take craft sticks and make stems out of them, you can paint them green to look like stems.
- You will want to hot glue the stems to the flowers. After hot gluing the stems, place a button or gem in the center of the flower.
- Make an arrangement: stuff newspaper in the bottom of the container so it will make the flowers stay in place. After making the arrangement of flowers, you can decorate the container any way you want to. I decorated mine with tissue paper and broken glass.
Now your project is all completed. This is a wonderful recycled project made out of items you have at home!
By kaitlyn from Toronto, OH
August 9, 20100 found this helpful
Best use of plastic pop bottles I've ever seen. Very creative, and they would go really great in an outdoor garden as well as indoor decoration.
Thank you for sharing with us.
August 10, 20100 found this helpful
It is beautiful, what kind of paint will stick to the pop bottles for the flowers?
August 11, 20100 found this helpful
A couple of questions: what kind of paint did you use on the plastic that would stick for a long while, and what are the petals made from - the extended bottoms of the plastic bottles or tissue paper?
Thanks for a great idea!
August 13, 20100 found this helpful
What kind of paint? Enamel? Is it anything non-toxic?