Have A Move In Kit
When moving into a home, throw these few things into a bag and have them ready to take into the house on the first trip. It will save you lots of frustration:
- A roll of toilet paper, hand soap, and a towel. You won't know until you get there if there will be any, so be prepared.
- Light bulbs and/or a lamp. Flashlights if the power will not be on yet.
- Shower curtain, rod, and rings. Nothing worse after a long day of moving than not being able to take a real shower! This can also double as window covering until you unpack the shades. String or cord can be used to hang the curtain temporarily if there is no shower rod or no rings.
- Hammer, pliers, screwdriver, duct tape, scissors, garbage bags, string or cord. Enough said.
- Paper plates, cups, and utensils. Last thing you want to do on moving day will be dishes.
- Pack an overnight bag with your toiletries, towels, and a change of clothes. You will want these things where you can find them easily, not in an unmarked box.
Treat it like a camping trip: take what you think you will need with you. Pillows and blankets, water and food in a cooler, lighter or matches and cooking implements should be handy.
By Diane from Wonder Lake, IL
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.