ReusingGreen Living

Other Uses for Key Rings

What can I use key rings for, besides holding keys, of course? I've got loads of them in every size and I can't come up with anything to do with them. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

By sooz from Toronto, ON

You can use them for: potted plant hanger or hummingbird feeder hanger (they will help change the facing when hung), you can use them for crafts, holding straps together a couple of them put together can help lengthen some things. If you have an item that normally connects with a plastic fastener but one part is broke break off the other part and put a key ring in its place.

Anonymous

Save closet space by slipping a key ring over the neck of a hanger, then hook a second hanger on the ring.

What wonderful ideas and now you've opened all sorts of possibilities I never thought of. Thank you.

One more! If you have a zipper where the pull is broken, attach a ring.

You can even add a decorative pull to the ring (maybe a toggle of somekind or decorative fob).

Anonymous

You could hook them together as separate 'strings' in assorted lengths and then make the stings in to wind chimes.

I use one to hold my measuring spoons because the ring that came with them is not secure and they fall off.

If the key rings themselves are large and have cute, odd, etc. attachments (or if you can add either of the previous mentioned items), why not use them as napkin ring holders to add a conversation piece to your next dinner.

Save the key rings and use them to hold posters to prevent unraveling.