Avoiding ATM Fees

Avoid high ATM fees by only using your card at your local bank's ATM machine or you can also use it to get cash back at the store.

By Robin

Anonymous

Using your debit card to get cash back with no fee involved at the assorted stores that have that free service when making a purchase is an excellent idea and for that I'll give you a thumbs up.

However, you do not necessarily have to use your local bank branch atm for a no atm fee. Ask your bank what atm affiliations they allow; such as 'Cirrus' for example. I don't know of any banks that don't have affiliated 'atm machines' at many stores (machines separate from the checkout counter) and even affiliated atm's at other other competing banks.

If your bank isn't affiliated with other atm's then it's time to shop around for a new bank! Why should you, most likely, have to drive extra distance wasting gasoline to get to your own local bank branch(s)? I know I wouldn't want to drive over five miles just to get to mine.