LaundryCleaning

Getting Rid of Static in Sheets

Sometimes, I have to do housekeeping. When I go to pull the sheets and blanket off to change the sheets, I get this awful static electricity shock. Anyone have any idea how to stop this? I use Bounce. I have tried extra liquid softener in my work clothes. Any ideas will be a blessing as this is getting pretty painful with the cold weather.

Sherry from Stokesdale, NC

Use an empty spray bottle and fill with water and about a tablespoon or so (depending on the size of the bottle) of liquid fabric softener. Lightly spray sheets. This mixture also works as a "de-wrinkling" spray.

I use "dryer balls" -- 2 bumpy plastic balls that you put into the dryer with your clothes. They seems to work even better than the dryer sheets for reducing static electricity. I sometimes use 1/3 of a dryer sheet as well, because I think the balls do not make towels as soft, and I like the scent of the sheet. I also use a fabric softener in the washing machine, but I don't find that it is very good for reducing static. Try the dryer balls. They probably have them at dollar stores or Walmart. I got mine from a fundraising group called "Books are Fun".

I am willing to bet you see some other form of static going on in your life too. Humidity needs to be bumped up. Something to do with amount of moisture in the air, clothing, hair, etc Electrons, etc doing their thing.
I can tell when shopping in stores, my eyes/nose gets dry, I drink more water, etc are signs. Stores are dryer, higher electric use making the air dryer, etc. Kind of a cycle hard to get into here.
Just add a Tpot with water on low--make sure to fill it when it goes down. Be surprised WHAT that will change for you.