DecorateClothing

Adding Glitter To Dress

I would like to add glitter to a dress. I am going as a fairy godmother for Halloween and I am using a prom/brides maid dress made of polyester and nylon. I don't want it to look tacky but just a little extra flare to match my daughter's costume.

Michelle from Campbell, CA

There is hairspray that has glitter in it which you could spray on the dress.

They make a spray glitter that I've had kids use on paper snowflakes. Don't know why you couldn't use it on fabric. Maybe yoiu should test it on a scrap first. I ordered ours from a school supply but I'm sure a craft store would have it.

By Eris (Guest Post)

They sell spray that is intended to go on fresh flowers, it add's a very fine touch of glitter. Very small glittler flakes (since it comes out of a spray paint can), but holds fairly well, it won't stiffen fabric quite as much as others will, since the flower petals are still soft after use.

I can be founds at Micheals crafts I believe.

By quiltinlibrarylady (Guest Post)

There is spray glitter that is made to be used on cloth. You can find it at Hobby Lobby or any other craft store. I used it when making costumes for my daughters variety show.