Preparing for Winter - Buy Essentials Before Winter Hits

The best way is to prepare before winter (or bad weather). Stock up on things that disappear literally in hours from stores: batteries, water, flashlights.

Buy a few things every few weeks and keep them in a certain place. We don't have "winter" here, but we do have hurricanes, tornadoes, etc., and the preparation is similar.

Also, a generator is a good investment for power outages.

By Dannie

By Tracey (Guest Post)

I buy stuff for the winter season through out the year, In January, I buy the winterization stuff like the plastic and air conditioner cover and put it away the stuff for the next year in a plastic tote box, and then I stock up on the other stuff through out the year, and then I don't have to go out as much in the winter, I dont drive so this helps me in the cold.