Wrapping Bulky Items

How do I wrap a large purse and hat cheaply?

By Deanne

You never said if it was to be shipped or not? If it isn't why not just put in a bag. You can even decorate it anyway you like. They are free.

The dollar store sells paper tablecloths in many colors. I would buy 1 or 2 and use them to wrap the items. If you are wrapping to mail them, then the cheapest rate is parcel post at the post office.

I would get a square of fabric. You can find some to match the occasion or the item.

Place the item in the center and bring up all 4 corners and the sides. Tie with a pretty bow to match the fabric and there you have it!

I suggested fabric because many times purses or other items have "corners" or edges that will cut through paper. I've had many times when I was trying to wrap something in paper and would find a rip in one or more places. If you look at fabric centers there are always "remnant" tables where you can get fabric pieces for next to nothing.

This may sound a little strange, but i've used a dog or cat food bag. Since I have both, it's helpful. You don't even have to wrap it, just clean the bag good.

If it is plastic, (as alot of them are now), you can use the bathtub. Or if you want, you can wrap the gift in tissue paper or newspaper before you put it in the food bag.