Buick LeSabre Transmission Problem

I have a 1993 Buick Lesabre with an automatic transmission problem. On cold days it takes 20 minutes to a half an hour to warmup the car before it can go forward in gear or in reverse. Now that the weather is warmer it takes about 15-20 miutes to move in gear? I know it's the transmission but has this happened to anyone else? any suggestions from other Buick owners have had this problem?

Thank you,
Joe from Providence RI

By Dean Williams (Guest Post)
Best Answer

my 2004 lesabre has had one fly wheel replaced and now it is broken again. The dealer is going to replace the torque converter and new flywheel. I have never had a problem with buicks, even close to this.

By bill (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Try replacing the modulator valve.

By Grandma Margie (Guest Post)

You can check out a great website http://www.stretcher.com Follow the left column down until you come to "Bob: the car care man" or "Car care clinic" or similar wording. You can check out his answers to previous problems but you can also ask him about your particular problem. He is very prompt and good about answering questions! Good Luck!

By Wil Davis (Guest Post)

I also have the same problem with a 1993 Buick Lesabre. When the weather gets cool or cold it won't go into forward or reverse until it warms up.

Once it engages it runs good and stays that way during the summer months. Anyone got a clue for the fix.

By Nate (Guest Post)

I have the same problem. My car won't start and takes several minutes to an hour to start back up. It also shuts of in mid-acceleration. I let my ac run for a while sometimes and push my car forward and reverse and it starts quicker.