Carpet Damage

I need ideas on how to fix my carpet from pet damage. There is a line of bald carpet damage under my bedroom door. How can I fix that and not spend a lot of money. Help! maria_mccas

If you have scraps of the same carpet, you can take a box cutter and cut the bald spot out, cut a piece the same size from your scraps and glue in place. Put something heavy on the spot for at least a day. keep that area blocked so that your pet does not scratch there anymore. If you do not have scraps left, ask for it at a carpet dealer. They are usually glad to help.

A few years ago I heard (I was in another room so I didn't see it) one of the home improvement shows on TV talking about this. They used the same technique described by acope in the previous post, but they assumed that you didn't have any extra carpet & suggested taking the pieces needed from the back of a closet.