DishesCleaning

Removing Tree Sap from Silverware

Can I make a homemade remedy for removing tree sap on silverware? I have it all over my dishes.

By Kevin from Glen Rock, NJ

There is a lot of info on this thrifty fun post below:
http://www.thri  2474082.tip.html

I have always had good luck using vegt or canola cooking oil when I have it on my hands.

A cotton shop rag dampened with WD40 should do the trick [did I hear someone say Avon's 'Skin so Soft??] For a non-scratching, polish product go to a good paint supply house and get Whiting, it's a super-fine white powder that is used for polishing any smooth surface (glass, porcelain, etc.); the same residue that is evident when waxing/polishing the automobile. Sprinkle onto the dishes and wipe clean. Be sure the rag you use is not rough enough to scratch the dish... (1# of Whiting should last you years, unless you're a fanatic LOL)

http://www.goog  amp;oq=&aqi=

I read somewhere on the net that the new waterless hand sanitizers will remove sap from the skin, so why not try that on the sliverware and then just wash as normal.