Getting Rid of Bumble Bees

How do I get rid of bumble bees and their nests without getting stung? I am highly allergic to bee stings.

By Debra from Nahunta, GA

Best Answer

Call the beekeeper. Look in the yellow pages for a number. He will trap the queen and the drones will follow. Ask for a price up front. It shouldn't be very much.

Best Answer

Bees are on the decline in the U.S. and if you can learn to live in harmony with the bees, you will be doing a wonderful thing. All bees pollinate our food supply and are very important to our very existence!

http://www.care  landscaping.html

Best Answer

People who are allergic to bee stings can die from a sting. In that case, the person has to take drastic action.

Call an exterminator. They may be able to remove the bees without harming them. As for the bee stings, there is an allergy shot taken for a year that will immunize you against the stings.

My grandson was fatally allergic to them and was told one more sting would kill him. He took the series of shots, was tested and is now immune. You should at least carry an EpiPen (from the Dr.) until the situation is taken care of. This is a serious matter.

Someone who is allergic to honey bees venom is not allergic to wasp venom or bumble bees venom. Each venom has its own characteristic toxins.

Best Answer

Bumble bees are not very aggressive, but if you are allergic, I suggest you call someone to see what can be done about these bees. Honey bees are a protected species, and beekeepers will come and take them away. If you live in a city or town, call the town office and see what they suggest. Where are these nests? If you are dealing with hornets or wasps, you have a much bigger problem because they can be aggressive. Since you are allergic, I would suggest you get someone else to deal with these insects.

Around here, we have some bees that build nests and look like bumblebees but are a type of carpenter bee. They are mean and aggressive. I've been attacked by them and have the medical bills to prove it. Call someone to get rid of them, it is worth the cost.

I grew up around bees, am not afraid of them, and have never had a problem after being stung. These are not only vicious but have a really bad sting. I was hospitalized with a horrific reaction. I didn't get out of bed for over a week. It literally took me months to fully recover.

If you are allergic, I would have someone else take care of this but this is what you have to do;

To prevent bumble bees from establishing nests on a property, fill in all animal/rodent burrows and holes in the soil.

Seal holes in the building's exterior and ensure that all vents have tight-fitting screens.

1. During the day find the location of each nest by observing where the bees disappear into the ground, grass clump, or structure.

2. At night using low background light and while wearing a bee veil, apply an appropriately pesticide.