Cooking TipsFood Tips

Using 3-Piece Clay Cooker

Has anyone seen a 3-piece clay cooker before? "Hartland USA" is hand-etched on the bottom. How and what is the center "rack" used for?


Irene from Naples, FL

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

September 7, 20080 found this helpful

Interesting. I have never heard of a 3 pc before. Maybe try looking on ebay to see if others are listed.

The only thing I could think of would be if you wanted to do a meat item or casserole/stew item in one part and then do a bread on the (top?) chamber. Does it appear to be deep enought on either top or bottom to accomodate both of those?

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
September 8, 20080 found this helpful

I think you put water into the bottom part, place the chicken or whatever on the middle rack, & use the cover. I think this steams the food.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
September 9, 20080 found this helpful

I had something like this, and they were different size tops. The shallow one was used when I made something smaller, and the deeper one was used for something bigger that would stick up over the casserole, like a large chicken.


Mine wasn't clay, but I've seen clay ones with only two pieces (top and bottom), so I think that's what these are used for.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
By Judith W (Guest Post)
September 9, 20080 found this helpful

Your pot can fit one dish in the bottom then the second on top. Like vegetables in bottom and a cake on middle piece. DO YOU KNOW that it has to be soaked for 15 minutes before you cook in it? I have a recipe folder that came with mine. You can put it in the oven or microwave. You don't have to add much water to dish if any because of the water the pot soaked up. Hope you enjoy your pot.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
September 9, 20080 found this helpful

I NEVER soak my clay baker. I use it almost exclusively for roast chicken, as it crisps up the skin so much better than anything else. I also use it for beef and pork roasts. I do not use it for roasts that I add water to; I do those in a corningware roaster or in my slow cooker.


The claybaker I use for things that I want crisp on the outside, such as Chicken and goose.

I have never seen the 3 piece kind, but I would guess that it is just to give the roaster more versatility--make two sizes out of it, or use both parts at once, as others have suggested.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
By Jane (Guest Post)
September 11, 20080 found this helpful

Look for the company name on the cooker and contact them. "Google" the name for a phone number or e-mail address. Or try "Googling" three piece clay cooker".

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsSeptember 6, 2008
Pest Control
Fourth of July Ideas!
Father's Day Ideas!
Summer Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2019 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2019/05/22 02:50:20 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️
Loading Something Awesome!