Using Extended Characters on My Keyboard?

I am looking for a little help with my keyboard. My question is, my keyboard has blue symbols on some of the keys. For example on the zero there is the ) when you press shift, but there is also a blue sign for the fraction 1/4. On the 4 key there is the $ when you press shift, but there is also a blue cents sign. What button do I push to use these blue symbols?

Thanks for your help,
LEONA from ST PAUL, ALBERTA

There should be a button somewhere on your key board that has Fn in blue letters on it. If you hold down that key and then use the other key, you will get the special character on that particular key.

Hope this helps.

By Anita S. (Guest Post)

I press alt key and then use the number pad at the far right and click 155 for the ¢ sign...

You also might try the "ctrl" and "alt" keys one at a time or both of them at the same time. See what that does.

Access your character map - generally under programs, accessories, system tools (or do a search for it); it will show you all the keystrokes available for each font or typestyle on your computer.

That is so cool you have a keyboard that offers additional characters!

Yes, trbrown11 is correct. You should be able to find the FN button, and when you hold it down in addition to the key with the blue symbol, you will get that symbol as you type.

Its a very popular method for compressing keyboards for laptops and notebooks.

Just wanted to forward two URL's to you to help with different character usage from your keyboard. It contains an immense selection of various choices to choose from. Please be sure to scroll down the page to find even more information usage. Hope this helps!

Here are the URL's:

www.coloryourprofyle.com/.../alt.html
www.wackycodes.com/codes.html

Computers TipsJune 24, 2007
😎
😷
📓
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf26381338.tip.html

TipsComputers