Easy Pork Chili
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 846 Posts
This is one of the recipes I like to make extra of to freeze in individual containers.
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground pork
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 (28 oz.) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup water, or as needed
- 2 (15 oz.) cans kidney beans, not drained
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook pork in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in remaining ingredients, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
By Deeli from Richland, WA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans posole (white hominy) (15.5 oz.)
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 oz.)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14 oz.)
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 lb. boneless pork shoulder roast, trimmed, cut into 1 inch pieces
- sour cream, if desired
Place all ingredients except butter, pork and sour cream in slow cooker. Melt butter in 12 inch skillet until sizzling; add pork pieces. Cover; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until browned. Place pork in slow cooker; stir. Cover; cook on low heat setting for 8-10 hours or on high heat setting for 3-4 hours or until pork is fork tender. To serve, ladle into individual serving bowls. Dollop each serving with sour cream, if desired.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.