Dog Food RecipesDogs

Dog Treats Made from Canned Dog Food

Does anyone have any recipes for making and baking doggie treats using canned dog food?

Carol from Milwaukee, Wisconsin

You do it like you would cookies: either slice and bake or shape and use cookie cutters. Then bake at a low temp. (about 200-250) for about an hour (I think), depending on how thick you made them. Leave them in the oven over night or at least several hours. Then store in the frige. They should be hard so if that baking time doesn't produce hard cookies bake longer. At least that's how I used to do it.

By Amy (Guest Post)

You can slice up and bake, though I have found this makes my house smell horrible!! I have found that freezing works well - just slice or cut however, and put on a tray in the freezer between layers of wax paper.

Once frozen, you can transfer to a bag or sealable plastic container to keep the treats in the freezer. My dogs like this ALOT better than the baked ones, and no smell!