GraduationGifts

Recipe Box as "Moving Out On Your Own" Gift

Category Graduation

Another "moving out on your own" gift I did recently for a friend was to make a recipe box.

I bought a nice wooden recipe box and placed one unopened package of blank recipe cards inside.

Additionally, I added recipes that I had set aside in a folder for just such an occasion.

As I go through magazines, I pull out all of the recipes. Those I want to try, I set aside in a folder. If I like the recipe, I copy it to a recipe card and place the cut-out version in another folder I label, "recipes to share", along with other recipes I had cut out of magazines that I chose not to try for myself, but thought someone else may want to try.

This saves having to write a ton of recipes out and the person you are giving the gift to can make his/her own choice as to which ones they would like to keep and which ones they can pass on to share.

By Tawnda

By Tedebear (Guest Post)

Hi Tawnda, When my neices moved out on their own, the family got together and contributed recipes to a recipe box. It is a great way to share your favorites and make someone feel special!

Hi!
When my cousins daughter was getting married her mother asked each relative to send her their favorite recipe. She then had a cookbook made with her daughters name on the cover and gave one to each relative.

Twila

By Guest (Guest Post)

A nice addition would be tying some measuring spoons to the top. If the recipient is especially fond of cooking then encourage a few family members or friends to get in on the idea and also purchase cookware, etc. to fill out the new kitchen.