Clothing StainsCleaning

Removing Fabric Paint on Clothing

I am painting a design on a white t-shirt using black fabric paint and silver sparkle paint. The black paint smeared a little on the bottom. Is there a remover that can be used to clean it up? It's smudged, which looks dirty. I tried nail polish remover, dishwashing liquid, and OOPs (paint mistake spray), but nothing works. Any suggestions or do I just toss the shirt? Thanks for your help.

By monica michalczyk from PA

I would try hand sanitizer on the shirt. It has taken paint out of my jeans when I made a bobo. Good luck! Also for next time put a cardboard inside your project and tape any extra areas to the back to keep them free of stray paint. Happy painting! Donna

I dropped some purple paint on my favorite white capris and thought it was ruined. I scraped as much off as possible. I then pretreated with full strength Awesome. You can't even see the stain unless you know where to look. You can buy Awesome at Dollar Tree and it is good for more than clothes. Hope this helps.

Hi