Little Gourd Farmers

The little farmers are gourds, painted in the colors you want. You can get both straw hats or you can crochet them, whichever you like. The hay bale is Styrofoam covered with raffia and I put craft wire for looks. I used the balls that fall out of oak trees, painted them to look like pumpkins, got a couple black birds and glued them on and came out with a pretty neat set.

By Sheri from Stockton, CA

This craft project looks so cute! I want to make me a few sets to give to my friends and family before fall. I bet they would look cute as witches or ghosts for Halloween too. I wonder if I could try growing the gourds myself. Have you tried growing your own? Great job!