Home Decor Crafts Using Sea Shells

My husband and I went to South Padre Island in September and I loaded our Jeep up with about every sea shell I could find. I want to be creative with them and thought about placing them on a picture frame and also a mirror to go in our bathroom we are currently remodeling. The theme of course is centered around the beach. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear.

By Michelle from Denison, TX

This isn't really a craft idea, but might work as a decorative accessory for your bathroom. Just pick out the most colorful ones and place the shells in a decorator style, clear glass jar, vase or bowl. Looks nice on a large vanity top or shelf. Have fun!

Use Pizza Boxes and fill them with quickcrete, concreate mix. Place the shells into the concrete, press down and let it dry. Take out of the box and you have garden stones. Be creative you can even write the date at the bottom with a stick once it starts to dry...

have fun. Fill a clear large jar/vase with them and use silk flowers at top to make a nice centerpiece. Poinsettas for Christmas against the shells in the jar would be pretty with a green bow tied around the top. You could also do candles at the top.

Paint painting canvas in pastel colors from sky to ocean to sand and glue the sea shells on them, frame and hang in your bathroom.

You can drill holes and make your own shell wind chime. I used to love those things, and the fact that its shells y'all collected makes it special. You could make a wall hanging with several strands hanging down to cover a larger section of wall.

You can get some of the decorator fishing nets and glue random shells to it and make wall hangings or hang like nets in corners.

Crafts NatureNovember 30, 2010
💘
🍀