StainsCleaning

Removing Orange Stain from Sweatshirt

I have a sweater that I received as a Christmas gift about a year ago. I left the hoodie on the back of a chair in the kitchen for a few days, forgetting about it, and when I picked it up there was an orange-ish splattered stain on the front.

I've tried nearly everything imaginable to remove the stain, yet I have no idea what it really is, to no avail. I tried Comet, peroxide, window wash, professional stain removers (the one that comes in two bottles attached together, and combine for the 'ultimate' effect) but NOTHING has worked.

Brittany from Canada

I use hairspray. Spray it on(kind of heavily), let sit overnight. Then wash the item as you normally do. I've never known it to fail.

By (Guest Post)

It sounds to me like a bleach stain. Did you use a kitchen cleaner with bleach? I am not sure if you can fix it. Google it.

By Mara (Guest Post)

I always try Dawn dish washing soap on all my stains. If you try anything else make sure you are not using a bleach product.

Dawn has taken out even old stains for me. Good luck!

Could you please help me with getting out yellow stain on sweater that had been stored for the winter. There is a yellow stain on the collar and also the same stain on the back of the sweater. I don't think it is food, drink. I have tried spraying with normal wash cleaner and it does not seem to make any difference.

Thank you.
Sandy from California