AdviceClothing

Preventing Swollen Feet

I am going to a wedding in august. It will be hot, the church has no air conditioning. I have 2 questions and I would really appreciate any help.

First, what can I eat that will not make my feet swollen before the wedding? I know that sounds strange but i have sandals and I noticed the last time I wore them my feet were swollen. I know the heat makes it worse but i am sure it also has to do with what I ingest. Any ideas?

My second question is how do I make these sandals shiny without buying shoe polish? They are leather and have kind of a shine to them but i would think there would be a way to make them shinier. Maybe floor polish?

Sandy

Make sure you drink plenty of water during the hot days of summer, 64 ounces a day is a minimum. Not having enough fluids can actually make our bodies retain water and have swollen feet. Also, limit the amount of sodium in your diet. Sodium makes our bodies retain water. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.

Vaseline will help shine your sandals.

Sandy,

What does your doctor say about the swollen feet? Everyone's feet swell a bit during the day which is why it is recommended to shop for shoes later in the day. Swollen feet during pregnancy is also common. If you have noticable edema in your feet a physician should determine the underlying cause.

About the sandals: Maybe clear acrylic paint would work? I've seen this in the craft section of stores.

About the shoes, wiping vaseline on them will give leather a shine.

I can only speak to shining up your sandals. Use
Alberto VO5 hair conditioner. I use it for everything

even squeeky doors and on my cat with dandruff who no longer has hair balls from licking the hair conditioner and keeping the hair passing through instead of forming into a ball. By the way, Alberto VO5 has as its base vaseline.

Check the sodium content of your soft drinks. Some of them are very high.

Drink lots of water, stay away from salt and shine your sandals with a tiny bit of vaseline, use only a bit a let sit for awhile so they won;t be vaseliney for lack of a better word. Have a great time.

Stay away from extra sodium (soy sauce for instance and fast food) the week before the wedding. Keep feet higher than heart level with an ice bag on the ankles for some mins. each day.

Get a larger pair of sandals as they may have been mismarked to begin with!