Rates for Cleaning Services

I'm going to clean a two story house that has 3 bedrooms and two and 1/2 baths. I will do all the dusting and clean all bathrooms, vacuum, sweep, and mop. If she adds anything else what should I charge? I'm just not sure what to charge. Please help.

By TracyLR from Snellville, GA

I just retired as a cleaning lady. Most all houses take between 4 and 5 hours. I would tell new people it would be approximately 4 1/2 hours and what your hourly charge would be. Let them know you will give them a firm price after you have cleaned the house. Be careful, because if the house has not been cleaned on a regular basis, it can take twice as long to get through it the 1st time. You need to let people know this before you start. If folks have moved out, it will take twice as long as usual also. I charged $30 an hour, but I live in a high cost of living city. Some folks charge $15 an hour. You need to ask around. It just depends on where you live. Let people know that if they need to add work on to your usual chores; that you will let them know how long it took and charge them by your hourly rate. Good luck... I loved house cleaning.