Mix Different Types of Yarn

In a knitting blog, I read about acrylic yarn being a low-cost option. Well, it is - and to make it more interesting in small projects you can mix it with other yarns, even wool ones. I have been using very fine yarn in combination with worsted acrylic in my scarves, and adding novelty yarns as accents. The color combination of the yarns on a fairly big (15) knitting needle, is tweedy and very interesting. You can also use up all sorts of odds and ends of yarn. Everyone is getting scarves from me this Xmas!

By pam munro

It is also cool to mix in firmer thread, to keep the stretchy thread from getting out of shape. I sometimes mix them for pot holders and place mats. Keep in mind tho', that wool mixed in means you can never wash it. It goes all "felty" on you and disfigures your project.

Send us a shot of your work!!

Crafts CrochetAugust 25, 2009
🎂
🌻
📓