Use Homemade Astringent and Mask for Acne
I dealt with this problem, so did my mother and brothers. I first want to say "I'm so sorry." Give this a try. It worked for me after going to the doctor and buying systems that said they were miracles. Nothing worked until this method. Hopefully you will have same results.
- Start by cleaning your face. I use glycolic cleaner, it's non-irritating and helps clean pores out. A mixture of cinnamon and lime or lemon juice is excellent after washing your face. 2-3 Tbsp. of the lime/lemon juice with 1/2 tsp. of the cinnamon.Use a cotton pad to put on areas to open pores. The acid in the juices kill bacteria.
- A mask 3 times a week also helps before using the homemade astringent. Take an avocado and two aspirins, mix and let set on face for 3-5 minutes. Gently wash it off, patting dry then use the the cinnamon and lime juice mixture. Let it dry.
It does work, but please remember nothing works over night. I know avocado all over your face seems strange. Try it for a week, you'll be happy that you did. A few things people forget to tell you that are very important:
- Keep your hands away from your face. Hands are full of bacteria. Touching or leaning on your hands just makes it worse.
- Change your pillow case every night. I usually sleep on one side, turn it over next night, then change it. If you are a sleeper who moves around, be safe and just change it. Pillows absorb bacteria, oils and everything you have just put on your face, so changing it speeds up the process.
- Lastly after doing the steps I suggested, you may want to put a dab of zinc oxide on a pimple to help dry it out. This will help with inflammation. Sleep with it on. In the morning, use the glycolic cleanser, wipe with the astringent, and apply some sunblock. The sun isn't good for anyone but especially not when dealing with acne.
By Luana M. from San Diego, CA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!