AdviceHome Improvement

Recommendations for Wireless Driveway Alarm

I am thinking about using a wireless driveway alarm system. I'd like to know if anyone has had any experienced using one and I looking for recommendations. Thank you.

By karen from Charleston, SC

Go to: Recommendations for Wireless Driveway Alarm, lot of info there, good luck.

I used one when we lived quite a ways from anyone else and I could never tell who was coming up to the door. I put the "detector" up on the carport awning and the ringer inside the washroom. The think went off just about every 20 minutes or so - wild animals - cats, dogs, squirrels, even a bird or two. Drove me crazy so I moved the thing higher and it worked very nicely for people! Loved it! You can also put it somewhere on your drive way or anywhere you think people will pass before reaching your doorway!

My dad has one of these. He's hard of hearing and didn't know when someone pulled into the driveway, or even when they knocked at the door.

He can hear the alarm when it goes off, and he now knows when visitors arrive. It's been a big help for him.