MiscellaneousMake Your Own

Homemade Air Refresher

Category Miscellaneous

How do I make homemade air refresher?

By Sandra

Sandra, I was visiting heloise.com yesterday and it suggested a couple of drops of essential oil on a cotton ball that could be placed in an out-of-the-way area. Check the website under "hints" to make sure I understood correctly. Good luck, girlspoon

I mix essential oil with water in a spray bottle. Don't pour in a whole bottle of essential oil, just a little at a time until the scented water you spray is just right for you.

Another thing is to use things like citrus peels or spices like cinnamon sticks or a few drops of essential oil in a small saucepan of water and simmer on the stove. Be sure to use a saucepan that's going to be used only as a simmer pot and keep an eye on it while the burner is still simmering so the water doesn't completely evaporate and possibly cause a fire.