Stand Mixer Cover

Living in a small home, my stand mixer has to be left out on the counter. To make it sort of blend in, I made a cover out of a towel.

Approximate Time: 10 minutes

• 2 hand towels
  • sewing machine optional

Instructions:

There are several ways to do this.

Fold a towel end to end and sew down both ends making a pillow case to slip down over your mixer. It is that simple.

Another way - Lay two small hand towels wrong sides together and stitch down one end, across the long side and back down the other short end. You have now quickly made a cover for your stand mixer.

Make sure to measure your mixer before you purchase your towels to make sure they are big enough and then decide which way you want to go.

You might want to use a small bath towel, fold it in half end to end and cut off the extra. Then just sew the two open edges. Save the extra and make a potholder by folding it over several times and sewing around the edges.

Could easily be hand sewn.

By Ann from Loup City, NE

Great idea. Thanks. I'm on my way to make one because they're so expensive to buy.

Good idea - think I'll make one, too!

Crafts Home Decor KitchenMarch 2, 2010
🌻
🐛
📓