Vacuum Cleaner for Hard Surface Floors

What vacuum cleaner would you recommend for hard surface floors?

Diane from Amity, AR

DYSON! It is the best vacume we have ever used. Plus, you can go right from vacuming the carpet to hardwood without having to adjust any setting. It does it automatically. Good luck!

You may laugh, but I use a shop vac on my tile floors and also on what carpet I have. I love it. It will pick up any and every thing. Best $39 I have ever spent.

http://www.amaz … /qid=1153950589/
I love my Dirt Devil Vac'n'Mop. It can dry vacuum and wet mop (not at the same time, of course). It uses swiffer or clorox ready-mom pads. I guess you could also use whatever frugal substitutes for these pads people have come up with on this site.

If you read the customer reviews on amazon.com, and read the product manual on the dirt devil website, you will see that most people who had complaints did not read the manual and were not using the vacuum the way it was meant to be used. The amazon customer reviews give it only 3 out of 5 stars but I would give it 5.

I bought a Dirt Devil Swivel Glide MVP a few years ago when I had carpet because it looked like it would be easy to push (I have a back problem). I love this vacuum, with the swivel rollers it is easy to manuever, doesn't clog and still does a great job on my tile floors. I don't recall I have ever had to replace a belt either. It's not expensive.

Most of my floors are hardwood and the only thing I do besides mop, is use a 24" wide dustmop sprayed with End Dust. I also use it on the tile in the bathrooms. That is what the professionals suggested I use and it works great. They always look shiny.