Using Candy Melts on a Cake?

Category Cakes

I would like to use the candy melts to cover a cake. What can I add to the melts to keep them from hardening so much? I need them to dry so they won't stick to your hands while eating the cake.

Marie

By joden (Guest Post)

Over a double boiler, melt 1 part candy melts and mix with 1/2-1 part heavy cream to make a ganache. Slightly cool until spreadable. You can also do this with chocolate chips and heavy cream.

Does this work to cover the cake with candy melts?

Add a bit of vegetable oil. You can use the microwave and put the chocolate in there for 1 minute. Always check on it because every microwave is different in power. You can also warm heavy cream and then pour that over the melts. You can use shortening, vegetable oil or cream.

I'm unable to get the Wilton melts thin enough to dip cake pops or to use as a drizzle. What is the trick to this?

By vanessa s from Vancouver, WA

Answers

I'm getting ready to do these myself. Someone told me to thin it with a little Crisco.

Use parafin wax shavings. I have made home made chocolates for years and this is best solution. Good Luck

I just got a recipe for chocolate-covered cake pops, and it called for 2 Tablsp. of shortening to be melted with the candy melts for thinning.

(I've made the pops without the shortening, and the mixture was way too thick to work properly; I'll try it with the shortening next time.)

Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking CakesFebruary 4, 2009
📓
🌻
😎
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf30078995.tip.html

CakesBaking