Soap MakingCrafts

Trouble Gathering Cotton Gauze Material with Serger

Category Soap Making

I have a Pfaff Coverlock 4862 serger. I also have the gathering foot that does well on lightweight denim or other material. It won't gather on a cotton gauze material. I have the pressure foot tension as far as it will go, and still no gathers. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Alma

I use strips of the white freezer wrap paper and just sew it in with whatever I'm hemming or sewing.
Place the paper on top so that the needle passes through it before coming in contact with the fabric. Once it's done, you just tear away the paper and you're left with the hem or seam perfectly sewn.

I hope it'll work for you.

ww