Weatherizing a Door

I have a 1/2 French door (only one side opens) going out to my back porch. I would like to have ideas on how to eliminate air coming in around it. I have tried weather stripping, but it falls off or the dogs tear it away from the side.

By nonniebeth from Rome, GA

You could try hanging a heavy curtain or blinds over the part of the window where the air comes in. Or You can put some foil or clear, wide packing tape over the drafty areas high enough so the dogs can't reach it.

There is a metal (copper usually) weather stripping that is flared or 'v' shaped so the flared part is compressed to the existing width when the door is shut. It has no vinyl or foam and it nails to the opening which eliminates the tear off as you walk by. It is the best weather strip I have found.