HealthDogs

Does Garlic Help Dog With Worms

I have a 7 week old puppy, can I give him garlic to get rid of his worms? I can not afford the vet bill right now

By Tbaby from Detroit, MI

Best Answer

I had always heard that garlic was good for your pet, after loosing my chocolate Cocker Spaniel to unknown reasons. I read that garlic, grapes, nuts and apples, especially the seeds were deadly to a dog. I don't know if it is true, but I was guilty of giving my dog grapes and an apple now and then to eat. They said that grapes will cause kidney failure.

I use Diatomaceous Earth to worm my little Cocker spaniel, Daisy. Food grade Diatomaceous Earth can be used by humans, all animals, plants and insects. It's very inexpensive for the amount you get.

Best Answer

Hello, I have worked for a Veterinarian for over 27 years and the answer is no. Please take a stool sample to your Vet and have them check for worms and which kind they are.

You Vet can treat them with medication once he/she finds out which type of worms they are. There is no home remedy to get rid of worms, it is an old wives tale. Good luck.

Anonymous
Best Answer

Garlic is deadly to dogs and cats! Actually, anything in the allium family is and, besides a few other possible problems that can occur, it causes anemia! Please just take a fresh stool sample to your vets office and they will let you know what you need to do for worming and you do not have to pay for a vet visit doing that just the testing for the stool sample. Better safe than sorry because there are different kinds of worms and each need different medications and dosages depending on the dogs weight!

Garlic is not deadly!! I've fed it toy 8 dogs for the last 25 yrs and they lived a long life..no health issues beside surgery for acls.

Oh great I was on another site that said garlic is great for deworming and I just garlic to my Chihuahua so now what do I do

Garlic is considered toxic to dogs, especially smaller dogs. I would contact your veterinarian immediately.

You can try some of the over the counter wormers, and give it according to label directions. Make sure it is safe for the pups age and weight before buying.

I have used over the counter meds to worm my dogs with lots of success. Also you can buy worming medicine online at various pet stores. You do not need to visit a vet to buy the meds for worming.

Actually a lot of people has been not inform correctly about garlic to deworm your dog the fact is that garlic as long as is on moderate quantities can help deworm your dog and human and it is scientific proven. Go online and you can see a lot of information about it and its true now if you ask your vet they will tell you otherwise but thats like you telling the doctor that you taking only natural drug he might tell you its not good for you but its all about that money anyways if you want to get rid of the worms you can give him some gsrlic and then i recomend to wait until you can take him to the vet and get him test it to make sure he doesnt have anymore worms

Seems like a lot of vet professionals are clearly more concerned with themselves rather than the animals. Garlic itself is certainly not toxic to your dog. Like with most things that are otherwise good for us, it should be used in MODERATION. You'll be hard pressed trying to convince anyone with a functioning brain that your toxic dewormer drugs are somehow safer than something as organic as garlic. Something that has been used as a home remedy for centuries by pet owners with absolutely no proven effect of any harm towards the animal whatsoever.

Garlic can be VERY beneficial to your dog and you should definitely consider the benefits. Even if it means pocketing the hundreds of dollars that your vet would rather have. It truly urks my nerves that we're supposed to trust the same medical professionals who spread false information because of their ulterior motives.

Yes it does help dogs