FleasPest Control

Flea Repellent

Add one to two drops of peppermint essential oil to the soap when you bath your pet, the scent will repel fleas and ticks. The big plus is that your pet will not smell "yucky" and is safe for infants to play with your pet.

No poisons to worry about. Herbal Grandma

I love your idea! I have 3 dogs, and 12 cats, and they all get a flea problem at one time or another, so I am always looking for something that isn't chemicals. They chew themselves raw sometimes, so this wouldnt irritate their skin.

This is a great alternative to what I use. I'll keep it available. For now, I use lavender scented baby shampoo, then back that up with giving a tsp of flax seed oil daily. I find my dog has a better coat and doesn't seem prone to attacking fleas (of which he's allergic) in discussing it with my local pet store owner.

He said that's because baby shampoo has an ingredient which for some reason repels fleas. Knowing my dog as he does, he encouraged me to continue what I'm doing instead of trying something from his store. (Now this is what I call service!)
I will still be using your idea as backup for rotating so those pesky fleas don't get used to what I'm doing now.